Thursday, May 27, 2010

Frustrated!

I just had one of those days today!  I am just frustrated.  I wish that I could just win the lottery.  Today my son had a doctors appointment at 4:15.  I left work in plenty of time to get there and I got stuck in traffic, no matter what direction I went there was just more of it.  It took me 2 hours to get home!!!  So frustrating for me.  It would not have been so bad had I not forgotten my cell phone at home.  What did we do without them.  My poor husband and my mom were both worried because it is not like me to be late.  I just really wanted to be at the appointment.  There were other little things too, but those were the two big ones!  I really just needed to vent!  I feel like this is how I spent way too much of my day!


I did however come across a quote while reading today that really spoke to me. 

A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, "Who am I, and what do I want out of life? -Betty Friedan
I have not read anything written by her, but came across this quote in another book.  I really feel like that is the journey that I am on now.  I am hoping that I will be able to find the path for me.  I am not sure if the one I am on is the right one for me.  I would have never thought that before the arrival of my son.  The perspective changes instantly.  Working right now is a means to an end.  I hope that I can find one that works better for me.  

4 comments:

  1. What a perfect quote! I was just talking to my husband about not letting guilt dictate my decisions.

    I hope the frustration has lifted and you have your cell phone with you today! You are on the right path because you're asking questions. And with those questions come action, and the seed has been planted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo to bad traffic and having to go back to work. Eventually hon, you'll be able to realize that dream. I probably would go into full panic mode at this point if I had to go back to work. I would sell everything I owned and get rid of everything but the essentials (going to a one car family, etc.) to stay at home with my guy. Thankfully we don't have to do that yet...

    I think you should open and Etsy shop with your crafy things you have done. I would totally buy stuff from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i sense your frustration...so sorry you had such a bad day.
    being a working mom is so difficult...maybe you are being taken toward a different path, gina...
    keep your heart and eyes wide open for the signs....you know, whatever you want for you and your family, you CAN make it happen, you really can...
    blessings to you sweet girl..
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quote! Maybe because this is just what I am asking myself right now ;-)...

    ReplyDelete