Friday, July 9, 2010


I took these pictures at a vineyard with my family last weekend.  It was such a lovely day with my husband, baby and my parents.  My brother was away or I am sure he would have been there too.  It was just nice to be outside and relaxing with some food and wine.

The flowers remind me of the stages of blooming.  I feel like I am in the beginning of this blooming and I don't know how to fit it all in.  I just do what I can.  I almost wish the process had happened earlier when I had more time, but there must be a reason why the blooming is happening now.  I am trying to figure out which creative route I am going to take.  There are so many creative things that I want to do.  Working on my photography is one, learning to sew and knit another.  In my free time, maybe write a children's book and learn to play guitar.  Who knows where I will end up....

3 comments:

  1. Whatever direction your blooming journey takes you Gina, I know it will be full of grace and love! Your photos are beautiful and such a great metaphor for your creative path...

    And I love the new blog look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how beautiful that blossom will be when it is fully opened. Stay sweet and allow it all to happen a little at a time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi gina...it was nice to hear from you on my blog...the hydrangea photos are so beautiful. i have a shrub of them in my yard i planted about 14 years ago...beautiful pink lacecap hydrangea...it was about a foot tall and wide when i bought it, and now it is HUGE...i love seeing it bloom year after year...
    sounds like you are on a creative journey, sometimes we have to focus on one thing and kind of perfect that, then try something else...it will be fun to see where you go with this desire....
    i love the way your blog looks, very shabby chic...
    xo

    ReplyDelete